This episode of “The Manly Pinterest Tips Show” has something for anyone who is using, or is thinking of using, a business account on Pinterest.
Our special guest, Kim Vij, is no stranger to this platform. Kim joined way back when Pinterest was still private and found it to be a useful tool in directing traffic to her blog. She is now a Pinterest consultant, blogger, author, and speaker. Kim co-hosts a weekly Twitter chat and a Facebook community called “Pin Chat.”
As a “pin-fluencer” Kim has created award winning boards on Pinterest with an incredible 1.6 million followers. She is a teacher at heart and enjoys sharing ways to make everyday moments into teachable opportunities on her popular parenting site, “The Educator’s Spin on it.” She also has an upcoming book, “100 Fun and Easy Learning Games for Kids.”
Although the goal of Kim’s boards is to promote parenting and educational resources, what she has learned about business and Pinterest along the way can be applied in many different situations. For those who are new to the concept of Pinterest for business, Kim takes us through a sort of Pinterest 101, where she discusses the basics of setting up and managing a Pinterest business account. For those who have already mastered the basics, she goes deeper, giving tips on things like effective board and pin descriptions, using tools and analytics, and how to adapt to recent changes that affect board arrangements.
Kim emphasizes that many people use Pinterest as a search engine. Knowing how to capitalize on that is a valuable skill. The expertise she offers is a great tool in pointing anyone in the right direction.
Here’s a list of questions we discussed:
- Tell your story – how you got involved in this thing called “Pinterest.” (1:23)
- How long has your blog been going on? (3:08)
- For somebody who’s just dipping their toes into Pinterest, why is Pinterest so important? (3:25)
- Who uses Pinterest? Are they buyers or seekers? (5:39)
- Let’s say I’m getting on Pinterest for the first time. What kind of options are there for when I first create an account? (7:12)
- Explain what the difference is between a regular Pinterest account and a business account? (8:13)
- What do you not get with a personal account that you do with a business account? (10:40)
- Why is account bio so important? (12:06)
- When should I change up or refresh my account bio? (14:38)
- What are some best practices for board descriptions? (16:19)
- You mentioned in your article to make sure you put in a board category. Is there any best practices for that, and can I go back and switch them later? (17:36)
- Board arrangements: Can you talk a little bit about why people got upset about those Pinterest changes and what they did? (19:49)
- Is it worth it to do custom board covers? (21:20)
- Now on mobile your most recent boards are coming to the top. What does that do to your group board strategy? (22:57)
- How many boards do you think it’s good to have to first start out? (24:58)
- What are some of the best practices for writing compelling pin descriptions? (25:45)
- Would you suggest a backdrop image with overlay text or a solid color background with text for blog post pins? (33:14)
- How often should I pin? (33:56)
- Are there tools to monitor analytics? (35:09)
- Any news about promoted pins and buyable? When are they going to go global? (38:25)
- Are most popular pins attached to an article? Do people pin based on a photo? (41:00)
- Do you use any automation? (42:48)
- What’s your take on combining business with personal on Pinterest? (43:18)
- Where can we find out more about you and your services? (45:40
Thanks For Watching And Listening!
I really appreciate you joining me for this week’s episode. Have questions or comments? Leave a message in the comment section below!
If you’ve enjoyed the show, please share it using the buttons at the top or bottom of the page.
Also, please leave an honest review for The Manly Pinterest Tips Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews mean a ton to podcasters and I would really appreciate it. They matter in how iTunes ranks the show and I honestly do read every one of them.
If you’d like to learn more about a certain topic or have something you’d like me to talk about during the show, feel free to contact me.
Thanks to Kim for being such a great guest. See you for the next episode where we’ll be adding testosterone, one pin at a time!
The post Best Practices For Your Pinterest Business Account with Kim Vij appeared first on Manly Pinterest Tips.